UNBELIEVABLE: Conor Maynard BREAKS SILENCE with ANNOUNCEMENT About PATERNITY Test with Charlotte Chiltern
CONOR Maynard has broken his silence on Charlotte Chiltern’s paternity test saying “this has been so difficult.”
The warring pair have been at loggerheads ever since their night of passion turned sour when Charlotte revealed she was pregnant – and began an 18-month fight to prove pop star Conor was the dad.
6
Conor Maynard has broken his silence on Charlotte Chiltern’s paternity test saying “this has been so difficult.”Credit: Rex
6
Charlotte went to get another paternity testCredit: Splash
6
Conor’s statement in full
The singer took to Instagram on Friday afternoon to share the following statement: “Today I received the results of a second paternity test, which was requested by Charlotte Chilton regarding her baby girl, Penelope.
“As with the last test, this test has confirmed again that I am not Penelope’s father. As Charlotte requested, Penelope’s, Charlotte’s and my DNA were all taken at a Ministry of Justice accredited DNA testing facility that was selected by Charlotte.
“The results are therefore conclusive.”
This has been difficult for me and my family, and I’m so grateful for everyone’s support. I’m glad we can now finally draw a line under this.
“I sincerely hope these results mean we can all find a way to move on with our lives. Conor.”
It’s after he claimed a DNA test five months ago ruled him out from having fathered baby Penelope.
But Charlotte demanded it be retaken after a jaw-dropping revelation suggested that an unidentified male was present when Conor’s sample was collected, throwing the result into question.
However, The Sun revealed on Friday morning that a second paternity test was carried out – and Conor is NOT the baby’s father.
An insider told us: “Charlotte is shell-shocked by the news.”
JAW-DROPPING REVELATION
Five months after pop star Conor claimed he had “proof” he was not Penelope’s dad, we revealed a new jaw-dropping allegation that had come to light – which Charlotte says casts major doubts about the accuracy of the results.
Conor Maynard slams Traitors’ Charlotte Chilton saying ‘I was painted as a dead beat dad’ in paternity battle
In a document seen by The Sun, the BBC star claimed an unidentified male was present when Conor’s sample was collected.
Charlotte, 34, also alleged the singer switched testing locations at the last minute and that her own DNA was not taken – something which improves the accuracy of the paternity test.
She wanted a court-ordered DNA test to determine the parentage of the little girl, who was born in October.
However, Conor’s rep insisted the pop star had already offered to do a second paternity test outside of court – despite the original cheek swab being done in the presence of Charlotte’s own legal representative, who watched the sample being taken.
It was carried out by specialist company AlphaBiolabs, which is accredited by the Ministry of Justice.
A source told The Sun at the time: “Charlotte was blindsided when Conor released the paternity result claiming he wasn’t Penny’s dad.
“Charlotte consulted lawyers and despite suffering shocking abuse from online trolls, was advised to remain silent.
“She’s now ready to fight for Conor to take another paternity test.
“She claims the previous one should be discounted because it was not conducted under the controlled conditions agreed.
“For months, Charlotte’s gone to great lengths to keep this out of court and in the public domain.
“Charlotte just wants this whole sorry saga over with and for the truth to come out. Her number one priority has always been, and always will be, Penny.”
BITTER BATTLE
Back in October, Charlotte gave birth to her little girl, Penelope.
However, she then said she felt pressured into keeping Conor’s identity as “the father” a secret.
Speaking to The Sun on Sunday, Charlotte previously said: “We had a great night together and even sent Harry a selfie of us in bed saying, ‘Successful match’.
“We kept in touch, confided in each other and planned to meet up. But after I told him I was pregnant that apparently decent man changed.
“He turned on me, I felt pressured into keeping his identity as the father a secret.”
However, Conor has always been adamant that he is NOT the father, and took the paternity test to prove it, which he revealed came back negative.
6
Charlotte and baby PenelopeCredit: Instagram / charlchilts