SH0CK: William’s fury as he’s ‘likely left apoplectic’ by Suss3x UK return

Harry and Meghan (Image: Getty)
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle plan to return to the UK, according to reports, as it is claimed King Charles has been “made aware of their plans.”
The King was made aware on Sunday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex plan to return to live in the UK, the Press Association reports, as welcomes the opportunity to see more of the family in a personal capacity, but there will be no change in their status as private individuals.
The move comes just a month after their visit with former BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt suggesting the surprise announcement is likely to have left the Prince of Wales “apoplectic”.
Mr Hunt said: “In the long term, the return of the Sussexes to the UK opens up the prospect of two rival courts, William’s and Harry’s.”
Harry and Meghan ‘didn’t mention’ their plan to return to the UK during their reunion with Charles and Camilla last month, according to reports.
In July, Harry is understood to have visited his father at his Highgrove House residence in Gloucestershire, after attending an Invictus one-year-to-go event in Birmingham, but the move was not addressed.
.

(Image: Getty)
A YouGov poll found last month that only 22% of Britons see Meghan in a positive light, compared with 65% who hold an unfavourable opinion of the former actress, with 33% seeing Harry positively and 58% negatively.
It was announced at 10pm on Wednesday that Harry and Meghan plan to move back to Britain in a shock development more than six years after they relocated to the US.
But many were also left confused as to why the announcement was released so late at night.
The news dropped at 10pm due to digital publishing embargos in the UK.
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK return could cause “enormous damage to the monarchy if things go wrong”, a royal expert exclusively told the Express on Wednesday.
Speaking to the Express just after the news was announced, royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams said Harry and Meghan’s UK return could cause “enormous damage” to the monarchy.
Fitzwilliams also said their return to Harry’s home country shows they were “failures in the US”.
Prince Harry and Meghan’s return to the UK is set to bring renewed scrutiny of the explosive claims they have made about the Royal Family since their dramatic departure.
Some of these include Meghan’s revelation that while she was pregnant with Archie, there were “concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born” and Harry’s confrontation with William in 2019 at Nottingham Cottage that he detailed in Spare.

(Image: Getty)
On Wednesday night, a Home Office spokesperson said: “The UK Government’s protective security system is rigorous and proportionate.
“It is our long-standing policy not to provide detailed information on those arrangements, as doing so could compromise their integrity and affect individuals’ security.”
The Home Secretary does not get involved in security arrangements for members of the royal family or other key public figures, and decisions are taken by the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures.
The exact location of their new home has not yet been confirmed, but they are choosing from multiple locations, The Sun reports.
First is the Cotswolds, which is increasingly popular with American A-listers and would offer the couple privacy while keeping them close to the King’s Highgrove Estate.
Another possibility is Althorp House in Northamptonshire, where Princess Diana grew up and where she is buried.
The third option is Windsor, a popular choice for royals seeking a quieter life. However, the couple may be reluctant to move close to the Prince and Princess of Wales.
It is believed the Prince and Princess of Wales, who are understood to not be on talking terms with Harry and Meghan, were reportedly informed of the news before it became public knowledge.
It is unlikely Prince Harry’s older brother and heir-to-the-throne Prince William will be overjoyed by the news of his younger brother’s return.
Royal insiders and correspondents say William feels a profound sense of betrayal and “treachery” over Harry’s decision to publicise private family conflicts.

(Image: Getty)
Former BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt has claimed the surprise announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are returning to the UK is likely to have left the Prince of Wales “apoplectic”.
Mr Hunt told the Press Association: “In the long term, the return of the Sussexes to the UK opens up the prospect of two rival courts, William’s and Harry’s.
“In the short term, Harry will be able to deepen his rapprochement with his father.
“And his presence back home will make it harder for his brother to duck a reconciliation.
“The surprise return of Harry and Meghan is likely to have left William apoplectic.”

(Image: Getty)
Olivia Beeson
The Sussexes ‘rocky relationship’ with Will and Kate
Harry and Meghan, who married at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, in May 2018 to become the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, were once dubbed part of the “Fab Four” with the then-Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
But in March 2019, Buckingham Palace announced Harry and Meghan would set up their own household, breaking from the joint operation they had with William and Kate, amid media reports of rifts between the two couples.
Piers Morgan has issued a savage verditc on the Sussexes move.
Taking to social media, the Uncensored host shared his scathing take on the couple’s move back to the UK: “I may have to emigrate to the US,” he wrote.
Morgan has made his dislike for the Sussexes known over the years, ever since the Duke and Duchess announced they intended to step back as “senior” members of the Royal Family almost six years ago.

(Image: Getty)
The couple’s recent visit to the UK was the first time the King had seen his grandchildren in person in more than four years.
The Palace described the meeting at the King’s private home in Gloucestershire as a “private family occasion”.
Prince Harry and Meghan had not been in the UK together since 2022, to attend the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.
As the Sussexes make the move to the UK, questions surround their security, as it has long been a point of tension.
Most recently the pair reconsidered their visit in July as Harry’s request for police protection was rejected.
In 2025, the Duke of Sussex lost a legal challenge over the levels he and his family are entitled to while in the UK.
In this battle, he previously said that worries regarding their safety have stopped them coming to the UK and bringing the children.

Harry has regularly expressed concerns about his security (Image: Getty)
Harry and Meghan announced their decision to step back as senior royals in January 2020.
This was then followed by a three-month transition period.
The couple left the UK by the end of March that year and temporarily stayed in Canada before moving to Montecito, California.
Since then Harry has returned to the UK on a handful of occasions, mostly alone without Meghan and their children.
The family’s recent visit to the UK last month was the first time Charles met his grandchildren since 2022.

(Image: Getty)
The Sussexes visited King Charles with their children at Highgrove in July but it is reported that the move was not discussed.
The visit to the King and Queen Camilla was seen as a key development in their relationship after the strain felt since the pair’s move to the US in 2020.
King made aware of move on Sunday
The King was first made aware of the move on Sunday and is understood to welcome the opportunity to see more the family both in a private and personal capacity.

(Image: Getty)