BREAKINGStrictly Come Dancing 2025: All celebrities LINKED with joining as four stars unveiled

Strictly Come Dancing 2025 isn’t far away – and now the very first four stars to take part in the upcoming series has been confirmed with a Gladiator taking to the BBC dancefloor

Stacey Solomon, Dani Dyer
The new series of Strictly Come Dancing is only a few months away

BBC One’s Strictly Come Dancing has announced its first official contestant for the 2025 series – with Gladiators’ Harry Aikines-Aryeetey joining the line-up. The ex athlete stopped by CBBC’s Newsround to share the news, revealing: “I’m so excited to be part of the Strictly family this series and I’m ready to give it all I’ve got.”

The new series of Strictly is just a few months away and it won’t be long before a new pair take back the Glitterball trophy from reigning champions Chris McCausland and Dianne Buswell. While just one contestant has been confirmed so far, the rumour mill has been in action over the last few months.

A whole host of famous faces are said to be on the top of producers’ lists this year, including Sort Your Life Out star, Stacey Solomon, and Love Island winner, Dani Dyer, who recently tied the knot with West Ham player, Jarrod Bowen.

However, while a new batch of faces will be arriving, sadly one popular mainstay has announced they are taking a step back from the show. Professional dancer Gorka Marquez confirmed he will be missing a huge chunk of this year’s series.

Instead, he is set to be a judge on the Spanish version of the show. Despite the announcement, it is thought the star will make a return in the latter stages.

But, with just weeks remaining until the hugely anticipated line-up is confirmed by the BBC, here, we take a look at some of the names that have already been discussed. So, as we wait and see who will be strutting their stuff on the dance floor when the new series kicks off in September, here’s the rumoured line-up, starting with mum-of-five, and DIY enthusiast Stacey Solomon…

Strictly Come Dancing 2025 confirmed stars

Harry Aikines-Aryeetey

Gladiators star Harry Aikines-Aryeetey has signed up for Strictly Come Dancing
Gladiators star Harry Aikines-Aryeetey has signed up for Strictly Come Dancing

Gladiators star Harry Aikines-Aryeetey – known as Nitro on the show – was the first Strictly Come Dancing star to be confirmed for 2025. The ex athlete, 36, appeared on CBBC on Monday morning to share the line-up news, having taking part in Strictly’s Christmas special last year.

“After the Christmas Special, it was so nice I just had to do it twice! I’m so excited to be part of the Strictly family this series and I’m ready to give it all I’ve got. I’ll be bringing tons of energy to light up the dance floor. Let’s hope I’m as quick picking up the routines as I am on the track.”

Article continues below

Dani Dyer

Newly married Dani Dyer was the second celebrity to be announced on Monday night as three names from the 2025 line-up were revealed on The One Show.

“It’s such a fun magical show – to be asked to do it is such an honour,” the mum-of-three gushed on the BBC show as her Strictly stint was announced.

Dani, 29, is hoping to capitalise on her Love Island triumph as she takes to the dance floor. After she was revealed on The One Show tonight, Danny Dyer’s eldest child said: “Getting the opportunity to be on Strictly is the second most amazing thing I’ve done this year! I feel very, very blessed and cannot wait to get my dancing shoes on.”

Article continues below

Alex Kingston

Alex Kingston in a promo photo for Strictly.
Alex Kingston was the third contestant unveiled for this year’s show(Image: BBC/PA Wire)

Alex Kingston, 62, was the third contestant to be unveiled for the new series. The actor is known for her roles on shows like Doctor Who, having played River Song, and medical drama ER, in which she played Dr. Elizabeth Corday.

After being named as part of the line-up on the One Show, she shared that Sarah Hadland, whom she’d worked with on a play in 2019, had inspired her to sign up this year. She recalled them having both expressed interest in doing Strictly when they were colleagues and said that after seeing Sarah on the show last year, she reached out to discuss the experience and it led to her deciding to “go for it”.

Article continues below

Alex said on the show: “I just thought ‘my god, y’know, I’m in my sixties – just go for it. What have you got to lose?” And sharing her thoughts on now being involved, she revealed: “I was super excited and now I actually am terrified.”

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in a promo photo for Strictly.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was then named as the fourth celebrity in the line-up(Image: BBC/PA Wire)

Retired footballer Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, 53, was the third contestant unveiled on the One Show, and the fourth celebrity in the line-up overall. He played for teams including Leeds United and Chelsea whilst in the Premier League.

Article continues below

Asked why he had signed up for the dance competition this year, football manager Jimmy explained: “I’m a father of only girls and Strictly is a part of our y’know home life. Yeah, I’ve got into it. I like the show and let’s have a go.”

“Honestly, I have no idea what to expect,” he shared in his first live interview about the show. Jimmy added: “I have a little bit of rhythm but y’know …” He went on to say he’s most looking forward to slower dances like the waltz.

Strictly Come Dancing 2025 rumoured stars

Stacey Solomon

Stacey is among many names said to be lined up for Strictly. The Sort Your Life Out star, 35, has a whole host of reality TV shows under her belt, including I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, which she won.

Article continues below

The plucky DIY enthusiast also has a fly-on-the-wall show with husband, Joe Swash called Stacey and Joe. In the series, filmed in Pickle Cottage, the pair navigate marriage and parenthood with their combined brood of six kids.

Delta Goodrem
Delta Goodrem could be joining the Strictly line-up(Image: Getty Images)

Delta Goodrem

With a number of Australian stars linked with a position in this year’s line-up Delta’s name has entered the equation. Delta rose to fame on Aussie soap, Neighbours.

Article continues below

She played Nina Tucker from 2002 to 2004 in the soap from Down Under. She took a break when she was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. She later went on to release a number of music hits.

Natalie Imbruglia
Natalie Imbruglia has been linked with Strictly(Image: Getty Images)

Article continues below

Natalie Imbruglia

Like Delta, fellow Aussie star Natalie Imbruglia is potentially being lined up. A source told The Sun: “Delta and Natalie would bring some glamour to the programme, and be some of this year’s most eagerly anticipated competitors.

“If all three former Neighbours stars end up performing, the Strictly dance floor will end up looking more like Ramsay Street.”

Article continues below

Her inclusion would make it a potential three Neighbours alum to hit the Strictly dance floor in the upcoming series.

Paul C. Brunson
Paul C. Brunson is said to be the ‘ideal tonic’ for Strictly(Image: We Need To Talk/Youtube)

Article continues below

Paul C. Brunson

Married At First Sight guru, Paul C. Brunson, 50, is a huge hit with fans after dishing out advice on the popular Channel 4 dating show. He is also has a successful podcast, We Need To Talk, in which he interviews a host of celebrities, who wear their hearts on their sleeves.

Referring to the scandals that have plagued Strictly in recent years, a source told The Sun: “Paul would be the ideal tonic to the dark clouds over Strictly as he’s clean-cut, very intelligent and has no scandals to worry about.”

Vicky Pattison
Geordie Shore star, Vicky Pattison-Ramadan, 37, is also rumoured to be in the line-up

Article continues below

Vicky Pattison-Ramadan

Geordie Shore star, Vicky, 37, is also rumoured to be in the line-up and has a load of experience on TV. Since shooting to fame on Geordie Shore, she has carved out a successful career, appearing on shows, including I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, which she won in 2015.

She got married to husband Ercan Ramadan last year in two ceremonies, including a lavish bash in Italy, which was attended by the couple’s famous pals.

Ashley Cain
Ex On The Beach star, Ashley Cain, 34, could be slipping into some sequins(Image: Dave Benett/Getty Images for Children With Cancer UK)

Article continues below

Ashley Cain

Ex On The Beach star, Ashley Cain, 34, could also be slipping into sequins in September. The former footballer, who has load of reality TV experience, is said to have also impressed BBC bosses with his presenting work.

A source told The Mirror: “He’s a proper character with a very interesting background that looks the part. He would be a great addition to the Strictly line-up. He’s presented a couple of BBC shows and has really impressed.”

Queen Camilla with her son Tom
Queen Camilla’s son, Tom Parker-Bowles, 50 is said to be top of Strictly bosses’ wish lists(Image: Dave Benett/Getty Images)

Article continues below

Tom Parker-Bowles

Queen Camilla’s son, Tom, 50 is said to be top of Strictly bosses’ wish lists. The food critic has published a number of books, including titles for posh shop, Fortnum and Mason.

Tom is the Queen’s oldest child child from her first marriage to retired Army officer Andrew Parker-Bowles.

Angellica Bell
Angellica Bell says her friends have recommended she go on Strictly(Image: PA)

Article continues below

Angellica Bell

Fresh from her stint on Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year, Kids TV star, Angellica, 49, could be lining up for some more screen time.

The TV presenter has expressed her interest in taking part in Strictly, having recently told The Sun: “So people have done it and say it’s really good. So when I’ve had, like, in-depth conversations with people who are my friends and they say it’s great, I would definitely go from their recommendation. And they always say, oh, you should do it.”

Stefan Dennis (as Paul Robinson)
The Neighbours man is in the mix(Image: Courtesy of Amazon Freevee)

Article continues below

Neighbours actor Stefan Dennis

Stefan Dennis has been a name rumoured to be waltzing his way onto the BBC show. And to cement speculation further, professional dancer Dianne Buswell added fuel to the fire by discussing the rumour on her podcast.

On her Winning Isn’t Everything, she said: “Someone told me, ‘Oh, word on the street is there’s a guy from Neighbours that’s gonna be in it’. And I was like, ‘Oh, that would be sick! That would be so cool!'”.

Helen Flanagan
Helen Flanagan hinted at an appearance(Image: Helen Flanagan/Instagram)

Article continues below

Helen Flanagan

In a recent interview with WhichBingo Awards, she revealed: “I absolutely love Strictly Come Dancing. I would love to do that show because I think I’d love all the dressing up. However, I don’t know if I’d be that much of a great dancer, to be honest, but I think I’d be okay. On the show, I know I’d work hard.”

Thomas Skinner
Thomas Skinner might appear on Strictly(Image: Isabel Infantes/PA)

Thomas Skinner

Former Apprentice star Thomas Skinner has been rumoured be taking to the dance floor for the upcoming series.

Article continues below

A source told The Sun: “Thomas hasn’t any dancing experience, but he’s up for giving the competition his best shot. Strictly bosses are hoping he’ll get the dads watching. He has a massive following, especially with working-class blokes.”

They added: ” He’s a huge football fan and enjoys pies and gravy. He’s not a luvvie at all. He’s bound to get his catchphrase ‘Bosh’ on to the show, too.”

LONDON, ENGLAND - JULY 10: Balvinder Sopal attends the gala performance of "Tina: The Tina Turner Musical" as Fleur East joins the cast at The Aldwych Theatre on July 10, 2025 in London, England. (Photo by Alan Chapman/Dave Benett/Getty Images)
 Balvinder Sopal is rumoured to be joining the contest(Image: Alan Chapman/Dave Benett/Getty Images)

Article continues below

Balvinder Sopal

EastEnders star Balvinder Sopal is thought to be ready to swap Walford for Strictly like many of her co-stars. She is best known for her role Suki Panesar on the soap.

A source revealed: “EastEnders has been a happy hunting ground for Strictly bosses since the show first aired and they believe Balvinder will be a huge hit with fans.” A source continued to tell The Sun: “She’s excited by the prospect, too, as she feels viewers will see a different side to her.”

The Mirror has contacted the BBC for comment.

Related Posts

Our Privacy policy

https://amazingus.noithatnhaxinhbacgiang.com - © 2025 News