SAD NEWS :BBC legend breaks silence after time off air with DEVASTATING brain tumour diagnosis
The star had stepped away from his work commitments in June this year.

Tevor Nelson has revealed the reason he stepped away from his BBC radio role (Image: BBC)
BBC Radio 2 star Trevor Nelson has revealed he underwent surgery for a brain tumour after stepping away from his show in June. The star took to Instagram to share an update with fans, explaining the tumour was discovered as he had been carrying on with his normal life, leaving him shocked and prompting him to stop work.
In an emotional video that appeared to have been filmed in his garden, the 62-year-old broadcasting legend acknowledged that there had been a lot of speculation about his health since his initial announcement. “My phone’s blown up 20 times over with people asking me what’s wrong with me,” he said. “Due to the love and the positive vibes, thousands of you have literally been sending me. I felt that I should at least tell you what was wrong with me and what happened to me…I’m not going to go into it all now, and I will probably deep dive into it at a later date, so you can hear the whole crazy story. But I’ll tell you this: I was minding my own business, and then it was discovered that I had a brain tumour,” he revealed.
Admitting it was a shock, he said: “My world was turned upside down…my head was all over the place. I knew I had to stop work because I couldn’t be that guy on the radio, knowing I had that going on, so affirmative action had to be taken.
“I was given my choices of what I could do, and a few weeks later, I had a very serious surgery. Thankfully, it went incredibly well. In the last month, I’ve been at home recuperating, resting, and recovering, and getting some post-op treatment as well,” he confirmed.
Sharing a positive update, he told fans he is feeling great now and “ready to come back”. He said: “I feel energised. I feel almost back to myself. Yes, I’ve had a really serious situation, And but I’ve come out the other side at this point, and I feel great.
“I’m doing all the things I normally used to do, bar being on the radio and bar doing gigs. So let’s get that straight and get back to it as soon as possible. So please, don’t worry about me. I can’t stop you worrying about me, of course. But I’m on the mend. I really am on the mend. Thank you once again for all your positive vibes, your love and support.”

BBC Radio 2 star Trevor Nelson took to Instagram to share news of his diagnosis (Image: Trevor Nelson Instagram)
He ended the clip saying the World Cup had taken his mind off things and thanking fans for their support. “You will be hearing me on a radio near you very, very soon,” he assured them as he signed off.”
Just days after he collected a special gong at the TRIC awards on June 23, Trevor had taken to Instagram to announce his decision to steer away from the airwaves.
On Friday, June 26, after being absent from his usual slot for a week, he shared a post featuring black text on a grey background, which read: “I wanted to let my followers, radio listeners and all my Soul Nation party-people know that I’m going to be taking a little break from my work commitments.
“Some of you may already have noticed that I’ve not been on my daily Radio 2 slot this week. After a routine check-up, I was advised to have some follow-up tests. As a result, I will be taking some further time off.”
