‘I was on I’m A Celebrity – one campmate meant I missed out on full experience’

Scarlette Douglas discussed her time on I’m A Celebrity, where she was joined by Matt Hancock (Image: James Gourley/ITV)
Channel 4 fans will be familiar with property expert Scarlette Douglas helping people find and transform their dream homes alongside her brother, Stuart Douglas. However, the siblings have swapped property for a very different challenge, joining the cast of Celebrity Hunted. While Stuart’s time in the competition ended on Tuesday (August 19) after he was caught, Scarlette managed to evade Ray Howard and his elite team of hunters.
The former A Place in the Sun presenter, 39, is no stranger to putting herself to the test on a gruelling reality show, having competed on I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! in 2022. She entered the Australian jungle with celebrities such as England footballer Jill Scott, former Hollyoaks actor Owen Warner, and radio presenter Chris Moyles, but no one was perhaps more controversial than politician Matt Hancock.
Article continues below ADVERTISEMENT
Get reviews, gossip and upcoming show releases plus selected offers and competition Invalid email
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. Read our Privacy Policy
Earlier in the year, while promoting their home renovation titled Keys or Coffee, Scarlette and Stuart sat down for an interview with the Daily Express where she reflected on her time on I’m A Celebrity.
The TV host discussed the prospect of returning for All Stars, admitting the experience would likely be very different after Hancock was repeatedly chosen to take on the trials during her first stint on the show.
She said: “I would 100% do All Stars. I haven’t been asked. If they asked me, yes. I’m the sort of person who would say yes to everything and then closer to it I’d be freaking out thinking what have I done.
Article continues below ADVERTISEMENT
“I had a great time doing that show. Obviously there were some moments when you think what am I doing here, but I feel like I didn’t have it that hard.”
Scarlette added: “That’s the only thing that would worry me about All Stars because I didn’t have to do any trials because there was one particular person who was getting everything.

Despite loving her time on the show, Scarlette didn’t get to experience it to the fullest as Hancock was repeatedly chosen to take on the trials (Image: ITV)
“If I was to go in, it would mean I might have to do the eating and drinking challenges. I don’t know how I’d fare with them, but it was one of the most amazing experiences and I would totally go for it again.”
Scarlette highlighted the new rule which was implemented ahead of the 2025 series, meaning campmates can’t be voted for a trial two days in a row. Back in 2022, the disgraced politician took part in six trials in a row before the public decided to vote for another campmate.
“The rule now is that you can’t be picked for a trial twice in a row so I would’ve had a chance to do more things. But it’s fine. I got to say that I’ve done the show and I’ve got to experience it,” she remarked.
Scarlette suggested that Stuart would make the perfect campmate, and he was quick to agree.
“I would definitely do it! I would do all the challenges, I would do the whole lot. If you’re going to be there, make the most of it,” he said.