BREAKING: Molly Qerim’s Replacement On ‘First Take’ Has Been Revealed
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – FEBRUARY 08: Molly Qerim attends the 13th annual NFL Honors at Resorts World Theatre on February 08, 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
Molly Qerim’s replacement on First Take has officially been revealed, as Christine Williamson steps in while Qerim takes a well-deserved holiday.
Qerim, who has been hosting the ESPN show since 2015, announced last week that she would be taking time off. In her absence, Williamson took over, welcoming viewers on Monday morning alongside Stephen A. Smith, Shannon Sharpe, and Andraya Carter, who worked remotely for the day.
Stephen A. Smith usually kicks off the show with his signature opening monologue, but this time, the crew dove straight into the discussion, starting with the Celtics’ historic 52-point blowout of the Warriors.
Molly Qerim’s ‘First Take’ replacement has been revealed.
Qerim, who has hosted the ESPN show since 2015, is enjoying a well-deserved holiday and Christine Williamson is filling in for her.
Molly announced last week that she would be taking time off. As such, Williamson took her spot as she welcomed viewers on Monday morning, joined by Stephen A. Smith, Shannon Sharpe, and Andraya Carter, who all worked remotely on the day.
Stephen A. typically works in an opening monologue to kick things off but didn’t do so this morning. The crew started by discussing the Celtics’ historic 52-point beatdown on the Warriors.
Molly chided Smith after he asked why she wasn’t going to Fashion Week when she tried on Damien Woody’s new sunglasses.
“He’s so mad I’m taking a couple of days off next week,” she said.
“I think he’s worried he’s going to miss me. He’s sad I’m going on vacation. He keeps bringing up that I’m going on vacation. It’s just a couple of days Stephen A., I’ll be back soon. Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon.”
Williamson has filled in for Molly before during her absences. Cassidy Hubbarth and Victoria Arlen have also warmed her seat in the past.
VIDEO: A’ja Wilson Sends Social Media Into A Frenzy After Claiming She Would Beat Josh Hart In A 1v1
A’ja Wilson (Image Credit: @KnicksMuse/X)
Las Vegas Aces star A’ja Wilson has emerged as one of the most prominent figures in women’s basketball. Her outstanding achievements and dominant performances on the court have boosted her confidence in her skills. However, this confidence has recently caused her some trouble, as NBA fans criticized her for a recent statement she made.
In a recent episode of the “Roommates” show, Wilson stunned both the NBA and WNBA by claiming that she could defeat New York Knicks star Josh Hart in a one-on-one matchup. Additionally, she predicted that the final score would be 11-8.
“Score would be 11-8, me. I’m not saying you gonna go scoreless, 8 to 11 is pretty solid. So, what do you think it’ll be, Josh?” Wilson said.
Although Josh and Wilson both had a good laugh during their conversation, Wilson’s comment stirred up the basketball community. “She’d lose 11-0 w him only playing w his offhand,” one fan said.