Harry and Meghan’s relationship status with William confirmed by royal expert amid UK move

Harry and Meghan have been estranged from William and Kate for years (Image: WPA Pool, Getty Images)
CNN interrupted their live broadcast for breaking news after it was confirmed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are planning an imminent return to the UK,with their royal expert confirming what this means for Harry and his estranged brother Prince William.
Anchor Jake Tapper was joined by CNN’s royal correspondent Max Foster, live from London, as the unexpected news emerged that Harry and Meghan are relocating to a property outside of London, with their children Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, already enrolled in a UK school ahead of the new term in September.
Breaking the news, Jake shared his expert view, and confirmed that the move doesn’t mean William and Harry have reconciled. He said, “My understanding is that they haven’t patched things up with the Prince and Princess of Wales.” The couple have multiple options for where they will live inthe future.
Earlier in the segment, he shared more details of the surprising revelation. He said, “Some breaking news in our world. Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex are planning to move back to the UK six years after announcing they were stepping back from their royal duties and moving to North America. Let’s go to CNN’s royal correspondent Max Foster who’s in London. Max, did anyone see this coming?”
Max confirmed that the development had come as a complete surprise, responding, “No, even the King didn’t see it coming at all. He was only told of the plans on Sunday even though they met quite recently – the family – a few weeks ago when Harry and Meghan were over.
You agree you are 18 or over. We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. Unsubscribe at any time.

Harry and Meghan are returning to live in the UK with Archie and Lillibet (Image: Instagram/meghan)
“So my understanding is that they will be moving to the UK. Probably keeping their home in California. The British newspapers have got a couple of details. The Telegraph for example suggesting the children have been enrolled in British schools.”
“And they won’t be staying in a royal residence. They will be at a private residence of some kind. So this has clearly been in the planning. The King making it very clear they won’t be returning to their roles as working royals, Jake.”
Jake then questioned Max further about the relocation as he sought a reason for the unexpected departure to the UK, asking, “Why now? I mean is there a reconciliation going on now that we don’t know about? Do they not like being in California?”.

King Charles is said to be ‘pleased’ at the news (Image: UK Press via Getty Images)
Max then frankly acknowledged that he wasn’t certain of a specific explanation. He said, “It’s unclear at the moment. I understand that she’s bringing her business over here, the Duchess of Sussex. Harry has spoken about wanting to be in the UK more to focus on his charities.
“So we’re expecting to make more visits. We know that he has had face-to-face visits with the King and the Queen. My understanding is that they haven’t patched things up with the Prince and Princess of Wales.”
British newspaper The Telegraph initially broke the story of the relocation, confirming that sources have indicated the family will settle into a non-royal property.
King Charles III was reportedly briefed on their intended move on Sunday and has purportedly maintained his position that Meghan and Harry’s previous arrangements will stay in place for the time being and that they will continue to be regarded as non-working royals and private citizens.
Currently, there has been no official word regarding the family’s security arrangements, and no modifications to their existing protection details have been disclosed, reports the Mirror US. Harry has previously stated he felt uncomfortable bringing his family to the UK without police protection, and despite years of efforts, he has been unsuccessful in securing it.
Harry and Meghan reportedly plan to maintain their properties in Montecito, California, and Portugal, alongside their new UK residence. Meghan, for her part, intends to continue operating her lifestyle brand As Ever, reportedly relocating the company to run from their new headquarters.
Sources informed the publication that Britain will serve as their main residence for a considerable duration, though there’s no indication the relocation will be completely permanent.