BREAKING NEWS: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s mission to ‘rebuild their relationship with Britain’
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are returning to the UK with their two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, and a PR expert has shared her thoughts.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are moving back to the UK (Image: -)
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are heading back to Britain.
The royal couple famously stepped back from their duties in 2020 and relocated to Montecito, California. However, it was confirmed yesterday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will return to the United Kingdom with their two children for “an extended period.”
Their children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are due to begin school in Britain in September. The location of their non-royal residence in the UK is being kept under wraps, as is which school the children will attend.

The news comes just weeks after the family of four visited the UK and the children enjoyed their first reunion with their grandfather, King Charles, in more than four years.
The Telegraph reported that sources had revealed the family would be moving to a non-royal property.
King Charles III was allegedly informed of their planned relocation on Sunday, August 16, and has reportedly made clear that Meghan and Harry’s previous status will remain unchanged for the time being, with the pair continuing to be regarded as non-working royals and private individuals.
Meghan is reportedly intending to carry on running her lifestyle brand, As Ever, and shift the business to a new base. Meanwhile, Harry has expressed his desire to spend more time in the UK to concentrate on his charitable endeavours.
Whether the move will prove successful hinges on how effectively the couple “rebuild their relationship with Britain,” according to Lynn Carratt, Director at E20 Communications. “The difficulty is that their biggest media moments have generally been those connected to the Royal Family, the Oprah interview, their Netflix documentary series, and Harry’s memoir Spare,” Carratt told The Express US.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stepped down from their royal duties in 2020 (Image: Getty)
She added, “They left Britain partly to establish a life and financial future independent of the monarchy, yet their royal connection remains an enormous part of what makes them internationally fascinating.”
The PR expert noted that repairing their relationship with the UK could “ultimately be beneficial for Harry and Meghan’s brand,” stating that the couple’s reputation had deteriorated significantly since stepping back from royal duties, with much of their public narrative “dominated by their fallout with the Royal Family.
“A genuine reconnection with Britain could help soften that image and allow them to move into a much more positive chapter,” Carratt said. “However, it has to feel authentic.”
While relations between Harry and King Charles appear to be improving following Harry’s recent visit to the UK, significant barriers to mending his relationship with William seemingly remain.

King Charles has been made aware of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s move (Image: Getty)
A source close to the Duke and Duchess previously stated, “Both Meghan and Harry believe that both William and Kate went out of their way to make life as difficult as possible for them and tried to block a reconciliation at every turn.
“Ultimately, they failed, so Meghan and Harry feel vindicated.
“That being said, they would still very much like to have a better relationship with William and Kate, but even if that never happens, they believe they and their children now have a place within the family.”