BREAKING NEWS: Strictly Come Dancing ANNOUNCES Kristian Nairn’s replacement as FAMOUS Emmerdale star

BREAKING NEWS: Strictly Come Dancing ANNOUNCES Kristian Nairn’s replacement as FAMOUS Emmerdale star

Close up of Kristian Nairn

Strictly Come Dancing have revealed Emmerdale’s Lewis Cope will be the 15th celebrity taking to the dancefloor when the show returns. He has replaced Game of Thrones star Kristian Nairn. The announcement was made on The One Show just hours after the 49-year-old actor and DJ withdrew from the show citing medical reasons.

The 30-year-old, who is best known for his role in ITV’s Emmerdale as Nicky Milligan, revealed he only got the call to join Strictly on Monday August 18. “I’m so excited to be swapping the Dales for the dance floor and joining this year’s Strictly Come Dancing. I’ve always been a fan of the show and cannot wait to get started!” he said. Asked which of the four judges he was hoping to impress, he didn’t hesitate in his answer. “Shirley (Ballas), just because she seems to be very particular on technique and all of that. So if I can manage to learn some of the technique, then I think that would be a nice achievement for me,” the former soap star said.

Close up of Lewis Cope

Lewis earned a nomination for the Rising Star Award at the 2023 National Television Awards for his role in the long running ITV soap. Away from the Dales, he has appeared in shows such as Vera, Mrs Sidhu Investigates, and Hetty Feather.

His reveal came shortly after Kristian expressed his regret at being forced to quit the BBC’s flagship Saturday night show, saying he had been “looking forward to the journey”.

“With a heavy heart, I have to step back from this season of Strictly Come Dancing due to unexpected medical reasons. I was truly looking forward to the journey, and I’m deeply sorry to disappoint anyone who was looking forward to seeing me on the dance floor.

Thank you all for your support, and I will be back on my feet very soon, in every sense. Love to all, Kristian,” he wrote in a statement. His participation had only been confirmed days beforehand on August 15.

Lewis joins the previously announced stars who will be joining the show next month. Gladiators star Nitro, aka Harry Aikines-Aryeetey, Love Island star Dani Dyer, Doctor Who and ER legend Alex Kingston, and former footballer Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink were the first stars announced.

They were followed by EastEnders icon Balvinder Sopal, YouTuber George Clarke, Drag Queen La Voix, former rugby player Chris Robshaw, model and actor Ellie Goldstein and The Apprentice star Thomas Skinner.

Reality star Vicky Pattison, Neighbours star Stefan Dennis, Lorraine’s Hollywood correspondent Ross King and footballer turned pundit Karen Carney round out the list.

The celebrities have begun their training for the show, but are yet to be paired with their professional partners.

Strictly Come Dancing is set to return to screens next month.

Related Posts

Our Privacy policy

https://amazingus.noithatnhaxinhbacgiang.com - © 2025 News