BREAKING NEWS: BBC royal expert addresses ‘b...

BREAKING NEWS: BBC royal expert addresses ‘big issue’ with Prince Harry’s return to UK

The BBC’s royal correspondent spoke about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s reported return to the UK on BBC Breakfast today.

Prince Harry and Megan Markle told security services of shock return weeks  before Charles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK after six years in the US (Image: Getty)

A BBC royal expert has given their thoughts following reports that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are preparing to move back to the UK. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle departed the UK for America in 2020, but after six years stateside, they are apparently set to return with the relocation described as ‘imminent’. During Thursday’s BBC Breakfast (August 20), royal correspondent Sarah Campbell told Charlie Stayt and Rachel Burden that the news of his return came as a ‘complete surprise’.

Prince Harry concerned for Meghan Markle's safety, tells UK court, 'I  cannot put my wife in danger'

Sarah explained that people should be used to surprises from Harry and Meghan now, before stating that this was a ‘big one’. The expert went on to raise one potential concern facing Harry and Meghan upon their return as she said: “The big issue is security because, as we know, that’s been such a sticky point for Prince Harry over the years.”

Sarah Campbell

Sarah spoke about the ‘big issue’ with Harry and Meghan’s return (Image: BBC)

Sarah mentioned the interview Harry gave with the BBC last year, where he mentioned not being able to see a future of having his family in the UK because of the downgraded security.

The royal correspondent highlighted that when Harry ceased to be a working member of the royal family, he didn’t automatically get police protection, which is often the case with working members of the royal family.

Although she told the BBC presenters that it is unclear whether or not something on that front has changed, that people aren’t aware of.

Reports suggest Harry and Meghan’s two children have been enrolled at a British school ahead of September, with King Charles having been informed of their return on Sunday.

David Wiseman from the Invictus Games Foundation.

David Wiseman spoke about Harry’s involvement with the Invictus Games (Image: BBC)

While further details remain scarce, reports indicate there are no plans for the couple to resume duties as working Royals, and they will reside in a private, non-royal home outside London.

Explaining that their two children, Archie and Lilibet, have been registered at schools in the UK, Sarah emphasised that their move will be ‘imminent’ given that the new term begins at the start of September, reports the Mirror.

Meanwhile, the two BBC presenters spoke to somebody with closer ties to Harry regarding the relocation to the UK, David Wiseman from the Invictus Games Foundation.

As Charlie emphasised how proud Harry is of his nation, having served in the British Army, David responded: “Of course he is, he’s a member of the royal family and a British citizen. Of course, he’s incredibly proud of the UK.

David called his return “fantastic” sharing:”It’s taken everyone by surprise, but what fantastic news! Prince Harry has been involved in the Invictus movement right from the start, launched in 2014.”

David detailed that the annual event is returning to the UK next year, as Harry will be there to “welcome the world to Birmingham and celebrate another iteration of Invictus Games”.

Speaking about his time with Prince Harry earlier this year, Charlie asked how he was as David replied: “He’s an increidbly important champion for the Invictus movement and we were really pleased to welcome him and personally, really pleased to spend time with him and see him looking so well.”

Disclaimer: This story is fictional and created for entertainment purposes only. Any names, characters, places, or events are fictitious or used fictitiously. No real person or organization is intended to be portrayed.

Related Articles